Our hcg level dropped to 50 today, so we know that a miscarriage is imminent now. I will stop taking the lovenox shots, I have to go back next week to re-check the hcg level, and we’ll still keep our follow-up appointment on August 1. By next week, my hcg level should be back to zero unless there’s a problem.
I have no idea what else to say: I’m too numb to have really processed this information, even though I rather expected it after last night. Thank you for your love and prayers and encouragement so far; I’m going to need it even more in the weeks and months to follow. The path through grief is not easy or short no matter how much I would like to skip it. Pray that God will hold us together through this and continue to show his love and grace through our family and friends. I love you all, and I would not make it wthout you.